E X E C U T I V E O R D E R
Continuing Temporary Suspension and Modification of Laws Relating to the Disaster Emergency
WHEREAS, on March 7, 2020, I issued Executive Order Number 202, declaring a State disaster emergency for the entire State of New York; and
WHEREAS, both travel-related cases and community contact transmission of COVID-19 have been documented in New York State and are expected to continue;
NOW, THEREFORE, by virtue of the authority vested in me by Section 925-a of the Real Property Tax Law to extend during a State disaster emergency the period for paying property taxes without interest or penalties upon request of the chief executive officer of an affected county, city, town, village or school district, I do hereby extend by twenty-one days the period for paying, without interest or penalty, property taxes that are due in the following localities that have requested such an extension: Village of Angola, Erie County; Village of Babylon, Suffolk County; Village of Bellport, Suffolk County; Village of Brockport, Monroe County; Village of Brookville, Nassau County; Village of Buchanan, Westchester County; Village of Clayton, Jefferson County; Village of Depew, Erie County; Village of East Hills, Nassau County; Village of Endicott, Broome County; Village of Farmingdale, Nassau County; Village of Fayetteville, Onondaga County; Village of Greenport, Suffolk County; Village of Groton, Tompkins County; Village of Hempstead, Nassau County; Village of Homer, Cortland County; Village of Hudson Falls, Washington County; Village of Island Park, Nassau County; Village of Kensington, Nassau County; Village of Laurel Hollow, Nassau County; Village of Monroe, Orange County; Village of Munsey Park, Nassau County; Village of Nyack, Rockland County; Village of Ocean Beach, Suffolk County; Village of Otisville, Orange County; Village of Patchogue; Suffolk County; City of Peekskill, Westchester County; Village of Red Hook, Dutchess County; Village of Rhinebeck, Dutchess County; City of Saratoga Springs, Saratoga County; Village of Scarsdale, Westchester County; Village of South Floral Park, Nassau County; Village of Stamford, Delaware County; Village of Stewart Manor, Nassau County; Village of Sylvan Beach, Oneida County; Village of Watkins Glen, Schuyler County; Village of Wellsville, Allegany County; and
IN ADDITION, by virtue of the authority vested in me by Section 925-a of the Real Property Tax Law, I do hereby retroactively extend by twenty-one days the period for paying without interest or penalty the property taxes that were due by April 1, 2020, in the Village of Thomaston, Nassau County.
IN ADDITION, by virtue of the authority vested in me by Section 29-a of Article 2-B of the Executive Law to temporarily suspend or modify any statute, local law, ordinance, order, rule, or regulation, or parts thereof, of any agency during a State disaster emergency, if compliance with such statute, local law, ordinance, order, rule, or regulation would prevent, hinder, or delay action necessary to cope with the disaster emergency or if necessary to assist or aid in coping with such disaster, I hereby temporarily suspend or modify, for the period from the date of this Executive Order through July 2, 2020 the following:
- Section 6530 of the Education Law, or any section of the Public Health Law, to the extent necessary to allow a questionnaire administered through an asynchronous electronic interface or electronic mail that is approved by a physician licensed in the State of New York to be sufficient to establish a practitioner-patient relationship for purposes of ordering a clinical laboratory test.
IN ADDITION, by virtue of the authority vested in me by Section 29-a of Article 2-B of the Executive Law to issue any directive during a disaster emergency necessary to cope with the disaster, I do hereby issue the following directives for the period from the date of this Executive Order through July 2, 2020:
- The directive contained in Executive Order 202.7, as extended, requiring all barbershops, hair salons, tattoo or piercing parlors and related personal care services to be closed to members of the public is hereby modified to allow for the opening of barbershops and hair salons, only to the extent and in regions consistent with Department of Health guidance promulgated for Phase Two industries reopening.
- The directive contained in Executive Order 202.32 allowing any licensee or franchisee of a racetrack to operate such racetrack is hereby modified and extended until July 2, 2020, to allow any operator of an auto racetrack to operate beginning June 3, 2020, pursuant to Department of Health guidance for such operation, and provided such auto racetrack allows only essential personnel or participants to be on site, and does not permit any visitor or spectator into the facility or on premise.
- Executive Order 202.35, which amended prior Executive Orders with respect to New York on Pause, is here by modified as follows:
- Any region that meets the prescribed public health and safety metrics as determined by the Department of Health for Phase One reopening may allow outdoor, low-risk recreational activities and businesses providing such activities, as determined by Empire State Development Corporation, to be permitted to operate, in accordance with Department of Health guidance.
G I V E N under my hand and the Privy Seal of the State in the City of Albany this second day of June in the year two thousand twenty.
BY THE GOVERNOR
Secretary to the Governor