E X E C U T I V E O R D E R
CONTINUING TEMPORARY SUSPENSION AND MODIFICATION OF LAWS RELATING TO THE DISASTER EMERGENCY
WHEREAS, on March 7, 2020, I issued Executive Order Number 202, declaring a State disaster emergency for the entire State of New York; and
WHEREAS, both travel-related cases and community contact transmission of COVID-19 have been documented in New York State and are expected to be continue;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Andrew M. Cuomo, Governor of the State of New York, by virtue of the authority vested in me by Section 29-a of Article 2-B of the Executive Law to temporarily suspend or modify any statute, local law, ordinance, order, rule, or regulation, or parts thereof, of any agency during a State disaster emergency, if compliance with such statute, local law, ordinance, order, rule, or regulation would prevent, hinder, or delay action necessary to cope with the disaster emergency or if necessary to assist or aid in coping with such disaster, I hereby temporarily suspend or modify, for the period from the date of this Executive Order through April 27, 2020 the following:
- Subdivision (1) of Section 4-117 of the Election law to the extent necessary so that the time to mail the annual check of registrants and notice by mail shall be as directed by the New York State Board of Elections.
- Paragraph 28 of section 171 of the Tax Law, to the extent it limits the allowable period that the Tax Commissioner can disregard when a disaster emergency has been declared, in order to authorize the Tax Commissioner to disregard a period or more than 90 days, but not more than 100 days.
IN ADDITION, by virtue of the authority vested in me by Section 29-a of Article 2-B of the Executive Law to issue any directive during a disaster emergency necessary to cope with the disaster, I hereby issue the following directives for the period from the date of this Executive Order through April 27, 2020:
- Any presidential primary to be held on April 28, 2020, shall be postponed and rescheduled for June 23, 2020.
- Any special election to be held on April 28, 2020, including for the Twenty-Seventh Congressional District, the Twelfth Assembly District, the Thirty-First Assembly District, the One Hundred and Thirty-Sixth Assembly District, and the Fiftieth Senate District shall be postponed and rescheduled for June 23, 2020, and the ballots shall remain the same.
- Any article twenty-eight facility licensed by the state, shall, as a condition of licensure permit the attendance of one support person who does not have a fever at the time of labor/delivery to be present as a support person for a patient who is giving birth.
G I V E N under my hand and the Privy Seal of the State in the City of Albany this twenty-eighth day of March in the year two thousand twenty.
BY THE GOVERNOR
Secretary to the Governor