New Website Offers Single COVID-19 Data Access Page
Expands Availability of Data on Health Data NY, Allowing Users to Access Health Information in Downloadable Formats Such as Excel
Governor Kathy Hochul today announced the launch of a new centralized website for New York State COVID-19 data. This website includes new data as well as a reorganization of previously released data to make it easier for the public to access, read and understand. In addition, more COVID-19 data is now being made available on Health Data NY.
"Providing new data about COVID-19 to the public and making existing data easier to access and understand is yet another step we are taking towards more transparency," Governor Hochul said. "We will continue to do everything we can to share the latest information with New Yorkers, especially during this unprecedented pandemic."
The new website marks the creation of a single landing page for COVID-19 dashboards that is easy to access, rather than having to navigate different dashboards on different platforms. The new data homepage links to 16 key data pages organized into five major categories. In addition, the Department of Health retooled several dashboards that were created early in the pandemic to provide information in a manner that is easier to understand and more relevant to current needs.
SUMMARY OF DASHBOARD UPDATE
On the new COVID-19 Testing Dashboard:
- The map of cumulative cases has been replaced with two new options - Cases per 100k, 7-day avg and Test % Positive, 7-day avg. This scales the information appropriately and makes it easier to compare counties. The county cumulative tested number has been moved and can now be found when clicking a specific county for more details. Other information has been reorganized to put recent data before cumulative data, and labels have been changed slightly for clarity.
- The "table view" information is now available on the map and the "Positive tests over time, by region and county" page. While the county's cumulative positivity rate has been removed, it can still be obtained by calculating the cumulative positive / cumulative tested, which is available in the map view.
- The "daily trends" graph is now available in the "Positive tests over time, by region and county" dashboard. In addition, the "Percentage Positive Results by County" Dashboard and "Percentage Positive Results by Region" Dashboard have been combined into one dashboard showing this information at both the regional and county level. The fatalities previously linked via the button on the bottom right of the COVID-19 Dashboard are now listed on their own page.
- On the Fatalities page, the same data that was previously available is now spread out on the page for improved readability. In addition, the nursing home and adult care facility fatality PDFs have now been consolidated under the long-term care fatalities section.
The COVID-19 Early Warning Monitoring Dashboard has been removed as it was built to support regional reopening metrics that are no longer relevant. Cases per 100k is available on the COVID-19 Testing Dashboard, and detailed hospitalization information is now available on Health Data NY.
SUMMARY OF DATASET UPDATES
In addition to the dashboards, additional datasets are now available on Health Data NY, a public database that allows users to access health information in multiple downloadable formats such as Excel. Health Data NY now includes additional self-reported data from the COVID-19 School Report Card, nursing home and adult care facility fatality data, and hospital admissions by gender and zip code, as well as hospital capacity and staff vaccination numbers.
Full list of additions to Health Data NY:
- Schools: All four datasets include the number of positive students, teachers and staff reported daily by each individual school and the number of screening and diagnostic tests performed at each school.
- New York State Statewide School COVID-19 Report Card BOCES data; 2021-2022
- New York State Statewide School COVID-19 Report Card Private school data; 2021-2022
- New York State Statewide School COVID-19 Report Card Charter school data; 2021-2022
- New York State Statewide School COVID-19 Report Card Public school data; 2021-2022
- Nursing Homes/ACFs: The cumulative number of nursing home confirmed COVID-19 and presumed COVID-19 fatalities available along with the number of confirmed out of facility fatalities available - the same as the nursing home PDF that's made available on the public site
- New York State Statewide COVID-19 Nursing Home and Adult Care Facility Fatalities.
- Vaccine Completion: The cumulative daily number of first vaccine doses and vaccine series completion available by county
- New York State Statewide COVID-19 Vaccination Data by County
- Hospital Electronic Response Data System (HERDS) Hospital Survey COVID-19 Admissions by Gender - Statewide by day
- Hospital Electronic Response Data System (HERDS) Hospital Survey COVID-19 Admissions by Zip Code - Statewide by day
- Hospital Electronic Response Data System (HERDS) Hospital Survey COVID-19 Hospitalizations and Beds - Daily by Facility since 3/26/2020:
- Patients Currently Hospitalized, Newly admitted, positive after admission, discharged, currently in ICU, in ICU and intubated, expired, cumulative discharges, cumulative fatalities
- Total staffed beds/beds available/beds occupied, total staffed ICU beds/beds available/beds occupied
- Total new admissions reported and current admission by age group
- Hospital Staff vaccinated - total number of employees, number partially and fully vaccinated
Contact the Governor’s Press Office
Contact us by phone:
New York City: (212) 681 - 4640