Governor Cuomo: "New York State Stands with the Jewish Community in Wake of a Rise in Anti-Semitic Activity"
Trip Aims to Further Develop Economic Development Opportunities with Israeli Businesses and Reinforce Solidarity and Support for Jewish Community
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today departed for his solidarity and trade mission trip to Israel. The Governor will arrive in Israel on Thursday, June 27 and return to New York in the evening of Friday, June 28. Following the recent rise in anti-Semitic incidents in New York, the trip will reinforce that New York State stands in solidarity with the Jewish Community and with the people of Israel. During the trip, the Governor and State officials will also work to identify opportunities with Israeli businesses that can strengthen the state's economic development agenda, including in Unmanned Aerial Systems technology, transportation technology, healthcare, clean energy, cybersecurity, fintech, artificial intelligence, and smart cities technologies. The Governor will be accompanied by his daughters, Mariah, Cara and Michaela Kennedy Cuomo; their expenses are being paid for personally.
"The focus of our trip really has two messages. Number one is that New York is open for business and continuing the economic synergy between New York and Israel," Governor Cuomo said. "Second message is a message of solidarity. There has been a scourge of anti-Semitic activity in this country, and I believe it is a symptom of the division and intolerance that is being spread throughout this county. I want the people of Israel to know that it is personally offensive to me, and all New Yorkers are outraged at this rash of anti-Semitism. Anti-Semitism has no place in New York State, we have no tolerance for it and we will prosecute it wherever we find it."
The Governor will travel with:
- Eric Gertler, UDC Board Member, Technion Board member and Chairman of U.S. News & World Report
- Veronique Hakim, MTA Managing Director
- Melissa DeRosa, Secretary to the Governor
- Robert Mujica, State Budget Director and MTA Board Member
- Jill DesRosiers, Chief of Staff
- David Yassky, Director of State Policy
- Mariah, Cara and Michaela Kennedy Cuomo
Video and photos will be released throughout the trip.
Anti-Semitism has no place in New York State, we have no tolerance for it and we will prosecute it wherever we find it.
As part of the trip, Governor Cuomo will host an economic development roundtable with Israeli businesses and State officials to work to identify opportunities with Israeli businesses that can strengthen the state's economic development agenda. The companies participating in the Governor's economic development roundtable include:
- Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Brenmiller Energy
- SIGA OT Solutions
- Maniv Mobility
- Israel Drones Alliance (IDA) & UVID Conference
- Blue White Robotics
- Tevel Aerobotics Technologies
- Israeli Innovation Authority
- Siftech, The Jerusalem Entrepreneurship Center at The Hebrew University
- Axilion Smart Mobility
- Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
- Northwell Health
- Cornell University College of Engineering
- Zero Energy Solutions
- Israeli Smart Energy Association