Pursuant to the power vested in me by Article IV, Section 3 of the Constitution, I hereby convene the Senate and the Assembly of the State of New York in Extraordinary Session, at the Capitol, in the City of Albany, on the seventh day of December, two thousand eleven, at twelve o’clock P.M. for the purpose of considering legislation I will submit with respect to
- expediting infrastructure projects to create jobs and accelerate capital investments to stimulate the economy;
- incentivizing New York businesses to hire and retain new employees, including at-risk youth and young adults by, among other actions, enacting the “New York Youth Works Tax Credit Program”, and appropriating funds to support and aid child care, employment and training programs;
- providing flood relief grants to individuals, small businesses, farms, not-for-profits and local governments that have suffered and continue to suffer the devastating effects of Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee, and empowering localities to assist property tax payers impacted by these disasters;
- establishing the “Empire State Jobs Retention Program” to incentivize businesses impacted by disaster emergencies, such as Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee, to retain employees and prevent job losses;
- reducing the rate of taxation for qualified New York manufacturers to help create and retain jobs;
- reducing, and in some cases eliminating, the metropolitan commuter transportation payroll tax for certain employers and self-employed individuals;
- restructuring the personal income tax to stimulate the economy and restore fundamental fairness to the tax code;
and for the consideration of legislation with respect to such other subjects as I may recommend.
G i v e n under my hand and the Privy Seal of the State
at the Capitol in the City of Albany this sixth day
of December in the year two thousand eleven.
Secretary to the Governor