Albany, NY (January 31, 2012)
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick today announced an interstate wager on the matchup between the New York Giants and the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI (46).
If the Giants win, Governor Patrick will send Governor Cuomo:
- 46 Centerville Pies from “The Pie Ladies…#157; in Centerville
- Legal Sea Foods clam chowder
- 46 cases of Food Should Taste Good chips in Needham Heights
Governor Cuomo will donate the proceeds to the Food Bank Association of NYS.
If the Patriots win, Governor Cuomo will send Governor Patrick:
- 46 cases of one of the State’s newest and hottest exports- New York made Greek yogurt
- 46 dozen bagels from Ess-a-Bagel in Manhattan
- 46 cheesecakes from Junior's in Brooklyn
Governor Patrick will donate the proceeds to a Massachusetts food bank.
"We all know what happened the last time the Giants and Patriots squared off in the Super Bowl, and there is no reason to believe the outcome will be any different this year," Governor Cuomo said. "I look forward to congratulating the Giants on winning their fourth Super Bowl title and seeing Governor Patrick's generous wager offerings go to a food bank here in New York State."
"In the spirit of good sportsmanship, I wish the Giants well -- but not that well!" said Governor Patrick. "We are looking forward to bringing another Super Bowl championship back to Massachusetts. Go Pats!"
Super Bowl XLVI will be played on Sunday, February 5 at 6:30pm EST.