New Yorkers can go to www.NY4Women.com to Support the 10-Point Plan
Albany, NY (January 29, 2013)
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced that more than 280 groups across New York state have signed on to support Governor Cuomo’s Women’s Equality Agenda. All the groups will be published today on www.NY4Women.com. New Yorkers can go to www.NY4Women.com to sign up to support the 10-point plan. Organizations include labor groups, business associations, civil rights organizations, medical associations, and religious groups.
New York has long served as a model for equality and fairness on several issues including women’s rights. In his 2013 State of the State Address, the Governor announced plans to advance a 10-Point Women’s Equality Act that will break down barriers that perpetuate discrimination and inequality based on gender.
The Governor's 10-Point proposal will:
- Achieve Pay Equity
- Stop Sexual Harassment in All Workplaces
- Allow for the Recovery of Attorneys’ Fees in Employment and Credit and Lending Cases
- Strengthen Human Trafficking Laws
- End Family Status Discrimination
- Stop Source-of-Income Discrimination
- Stop Housing Discrimination for Victims of Domestic Violence
- Stop Pregnancy Discrimination Once and For All
- Protect Victims of Domestic Violence by Strengthening Order-of-Protection Laws
- Protect a Woman’s Freedom of Choice