Governor Andrew M. Cuomo tonight announced the MTA will add the Throgs Neck and the Bronx-Whitestone Bridge to the list of bridges with toll suspensions. Earlier, Governor Cuomo announced that in order to facilitate the mandatory evacuation of residents living in low-lying Zone A areas and the Rockaways, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) will suspend certain fares and tolls.
The fare and toll suspension is effective in the following areas:
- Tolls are already suspended at the Cross Bay Veterans Memorial Bridge and the Marine Parkway-Gil Hodges Memorial Bridge.
- Starting at 8:00 PM today, the following changes will go into effect:
- Tolls will be suspended on the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, Throgs Neck Bridge and Bronx-Whitestone Bridge.
- Fares will be suspended on buses throughout the city.
- Fares will be suspended for subway and rail passengers at stations in the mandatory evacuation area.